Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Enough

Marriage. There really are not adequate words to describe it. It is so much better than I could have ever dreamed it would be and so challenging at the same time as you share every part of life with this person.
At the same time, I believe God is using this special time to teach me a few things. One humbling lesson came crashing in my face on Sunday afternoon.

Adam is writing a sermon for Wednesday night from some verses in Colossians and has been sharing the truths from this letter and the overlying theme --- we have all we need IN CHRIST. He is enough.

Here are a few of the Colossians "gems."

Reconciliation - "And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, He has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him," (Col. 1:21-22)

Wisdom and Knowledge "that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Col. 2:2-3)

Alive in Christ - And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. (Col. 2:13-14)

These verses really wrap up the greatness and splendor of Christ - He is preeminent; He is more than enough.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything He might be preeminent. For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross. (Col. 1:15-20)

God has shown me once again who I really am, and that my true identity is found in Christ. A lesson I get to learn over and over.

My identity changed two weeks ago. I got a new last name and became a wife. One major thing did not change and will not change, I am complete in Christ. Because of Him, I have all I need. So whether I am looking for approval, acceptance, or whatever else I think my fleshly heart desires, my mind and heart should rest in the truth of Scripture. Christ has made me complete. Christ is sufficient; He is enough.

No comments: