Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Proverbs 31 Adventures: Homemade Muffins

My friend E and I aspire to be like the Proverbs 31 woman. We are lacking in a few areas, but that doesn't keep us from trying. We both have jobs outside our homes and she has 2 kiddos in her life, so you can imagine the challenges.

I decided to try out some of my baking skills (which came to me genetically from the Mom and Aunts), I really have no talent on my own, just good genes and the ability to follow a recipe. Anyway, my Mom used to make muffins a lot and I like them for breakfast, so I decided our home needed some strawberry muffins. With the help of modern technology, aka Pinterest, I was able to find some delicious muffin recipes. You can see the one I settled on here.


My Kitchenaid mixer was a wedding gift/blessing from the Lord. It was my trusty helper for the evening. On a side note, I have named him Augustine, since he is blue (must be a male.) I will call him 'A', since the hubby is sometimes referred to as 'N' by our friends. So, A and I were watching the National Championship game and frankly a little bored, we decided to get to work.

I forgot to take pictures as I went along, so here is the beautiful batter with the fresh strawberries... Yum.



The finished project.
 

This is what it looked like on my plate for breakfast this morning... (after I had consumed 1)

My final verdict on this fancy recipe. They were a bit dry, but if you have say a cup of coffee or a glass of milk, you barely notice the dryness. The dryness does not cover up the delicious flavor. Overall, I was pleased with the muffin adventure and end result.

Stay tuned for more Proverbs 31 Adventures...

1 comment:

Becky said...

How very domestic of you! :)