Friday, June 16, 2006

the beginning

I decided I needed a blog. Some days, I face times where I just need to spit out whatever is in my head onto paper, and my sweet laptop allows me to do it more quickly. This may only be for my family and close friends, I don't need a blog following, just a place to share some thoughts that are not viewed by the entire world.

This week has been stressful, and it always seems that in the middle of the stress God desires to show me something. This time it was been that He desires personal retreat with me. A majority of the time I seem so busy with the craziness that is going on around me, that I forget to stop and listen to His voice. I still have my quiet time in the morning, but I feel like I am just doing it out of habit. He gently reminds me of my desperate need for Him, and I fall on my face seeking repentence and a greater longing and desire to hear from Him. This week my faith has been questioned, tested, and encouraged. I know I probably could have done better, but I feel like everything is a learning experience for me. It appears that sometimes the lesson is harder to grasp.

No comments: