Saturday, June 17, 2006

Tribute to Dads

Happy Almost Father's Day!

My dad is a pretty wonderful man, so I thought I would give him a little shout out this Father's Day! I love these man-made, card selling holidays. It gives me good reasons to go to Hallmark!
Anyway, on to Dad.

I love my dad for many reasons, but I'm gonna share the top 3:
  • He inspires me to be more like Jesus!!
  • He listens to me!!
  • He is a thinker!!

Yep, those are my favorite things about my dad (right now, at least)! I think it is great how God gives us exactly what we need in a Father. I have so many great memories with my dad. Some of my favorites are talking in the car on the way home from volleyball practice. It would just be the two of us, and I am never quiet, so Dad and I would have some great conversations. I love being able to just talk to my dad, he is so wise and has more experience than most people I have ever met. When we talked I felt that he would listen to me, and it didn't matter that I was 9 or 15, he would talk to me like I was important and had something interesting to say.

I guess you could say that I am a Daddy's Girl (and proud of it, especially on Father's Day). God has put so many incredible men in my life in addition to my dad, like my big brother who is the dad of my sweet nephew and niece. I am also remind of a certain "adopted" dad at my church who always makes me feel like one of his "real" kids! These amazing people whom God has placed in my life give me a great picture how wonderful my Heavenly Father is!

Awesome God, thank you so much for Dads, without them my life would not be the same, and because of them my life has been greatly impacted forever!

No comments: