Thursday, August 10, 2006

Changes!

Wow, where do I even begin? This last month of my life has just completely flown by, did I even stop for 2 seconds to take a break! I don't really feel like I did. Just to highlight some of the high points: one of my roommates left for a 2 year teaching job in Mexico - I miss you, Teri. My other roommate and I moved out of our apartment into her parent's house before we move into our new apartment. My sis-in-law turned 30. I went to Middle School Camp. I have done some other things in the meantime as well, like drink a lot of coffee, shop, listen to music, sleep, clean, shower... and the list goes on. I turn 25 next week and I'm definitely not sure if I am looking forward to that or not! Why are changes so stinkin hard? Doesn't make sense to me!!!

One thing that has been constant is my Sunday School class. I moved up with my 6th grade girls from last year, who are now 7th graders. I have been challenged in a new way to make the Word of God exciting and fun as we grow together in our faith. This year, I'm teaching on Old Testament characters. I'm sure that I will learn a lot!! I'm excited about them and teaching them!

In these past few weeks I have encountered some really interesting things in God's Word. I have been challenged and encouraged with different passages, but keep going back to one of my favorites. "The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save: He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17) I love this!!!!!! What an encouragement and joy!

I promise to share more later! I'm enjoying the Beth Moore study on Daniel. I highly recommend checking it out!

All for now--

No comments: