Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thankful for the Unexpected and Happy 3rd Anniversary

Four days after my last post, we had a baby girl. Being a mom affords very little/no free time, especially for blogging. :)


Life in the past almost 8 months has been a bit unexpected. I worked for 3 months of KCJ's life then things changed and I have been afforded the wonderful opportunity to stay home with her. My mind keeps going back to how thankful I am for the unexpected things that have happened in my life. Since it is our 3rd anniversary - a little reflection on that!

Getting married was unexpected to me. In some ways, I think I was going to be happy being single. I was in my late 20's and did not really think that there was anyone who would put up with me, meet some incredibly high standards I desired in a mate, and the list goes on. To say that getting married was unexpected would be a true statement. To say that getting married to Adam was unexpected would be a huge understatement. He was younger than me, annoyed me, was a musician, and the list goes on. He was a friend and I was fine with keeping it that way. Over the course of a few months, something changed, not sure I can pinpoint exactly when or what, but my relationship with him was definitely something unexpected. The fact that I am married to him just baffles my mind some days. I know it was God who changed both of our hearts. I am thankful for our friendship that led to a greater relationship. I love his musical talents and how he uses them to serve the Lord. He puts up with some things about me, that well, I am thankful that he does. He still annoys me at times, and the fact that he is younger, well... we survive. (He will finally hit his 30's this year and I plan to enjoy that!) God has blessed us in so many unexpected ways and I am thankful for the opportunity to live and enjoy life with this man. Adding a little girl to our family this year has made it even sweeter as she adores her Daddy. I would not want it any other way.

So, as we celebrate 3 adventurous years of marriage, enjoy some of my favorite photos. Thanks to our friends Patrick and Maddie for capturing the special day!










No comments: