Saturday, August 13, 2011

10 for 31. Dad.

Today is my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday to my favorite Dad, ever. He's a few years older than me... quite a few. My dad cannot be described in just a few short sentences, he's more like a one-of-a-kind. He's Godly and loves his family. He is geeky and enjoys technological stuff like computers, fancy cameras, and amateur radio. He has done a lot of stuff in his life, like being in the Navy. He has experienced a lot of things that I have admired, like being in the ministry.

Dad has definitely been a spiritual father to me as well as my earthly father. His favorite books of the Bible are probably Proverbs and Philippians. The best advice he ever gave me from Proverbs was this verse, "The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it." (Proverbs 27:12). Dad likes to talk a lot about being prudent. (If he is passionate about something you know it, cause he talks about it, a lot.) He helped me wrestle through a lot of theology and doctrine when I was in school, and continues to listen even now. When it comes to spiritual things, he has never talked down to me, but will talk in a way that would hopefully be a learning opportunity for me. I also appreciate his insight into ministry, since he has had a few years of experience in Christian ministry as well.

Dad is not just a good man, I think above all else, he is Godly man. He's retired now, but still serving Jesus where he is. I admire that and will continue to look to him for Godly wisdom. Happy Birthday Dad! I pray that Lord gives you many more years to serve Him.

The righteous who walks in his integrity-- blessed are his children after him! -Proverbs 20:7

No comments: