Monday, August 29, 2011

26 for 31. Refuge.

One of the biggest lessons, I get to learn over and over in my life, and especially during the difficult time with Mom, is that God is who He says He is. Not only do I read in the pages of Scripture, but I get to experience it with His work in my life. During the time Mom had cancer, I would read through the Psalms and see that God is a refuge.

"O LORD my God, in you do I take refuge..." -Psalm 7:1 


"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" -Psalm 34:8


"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." -Psalm 62:5-8


"But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works." -Psalm 73:28


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" - Psalm 91:1-2

These are just a few examples. In the Psalms, we also see God being a refuge against enemies when one was in battle. Cancer was not the battle for me, but it was Mom's. I needed shelter from the storm that seemed to be swirling around my life. I found it in the best possible place. God was and is still my refuge. I know God is who says He is and it is our responsibility to believe that. During some difficult days when life seemed broken, God proved over and over again that He is just that - a refuge, a hiding place, a shelter. I rejoice in the fact that His Word true. "for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy." -Psalm 63:7

No comments: