Tuesday, August 16, 2011

13 for 31. New Mercies.

In 30 years of life, I would say that I have had a few bad days. Some bad days were caused by circumstances beyond my control. Most of my bad days have been caused by myself. I've said a lot of unkind words and hurt others with the things I did or did not do. Mostly, I've committed sin that has lead to more problems and effected people in my life, but ultimately it hinders relationship with my Heavenly Father. So often, I have taken great comfort and joy in these verses in Lamentations 3:22-24, "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him." I love these verses as they remind me of what I am not, but who my Lord is. I could never make claims of steadfast love, continual mercy and faithfulness. Those who put their hope in me will surely be let down, but because of who He is, you and I can have hope.
Today, I am hoping for a good day, but I'm sure some rough days are ahead. I need this continual reminding of who the Lord truly is. I need those new mercies each morning. He is the faithful Provider of exactly what we need.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with thee,
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not,
As thou has been, thou forever will be.


Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own great presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside. 

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! 
Morning by morning new mercies I see 
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided 
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

No comments: